Africa at its quintessential best—that is Kenya! Live the sights you remember from Out of Africa (after all, it was filmed in Kenya, you know!) from Giraffe Manor to the Great Rift Valley, Samburu to Amboseli, Lake Victoria, the Masai Mara to Mombosa.
For a FREE guide on when to go to Kenya and a guide to the game viewing month-by-month, email moc.y1484323218awate1484323218gtaer1484323218g@lea1484323218hcim1484323218 and ask for the FREE KENYA GUIDES.
- Golf at Mt. Kenya Safari Club (a fun and easy 9-holer) but watch out for the peacocks and other unusual fairway visitors!
- Do a sunrise balloon ride at dawn above the Masai Mara
- Arrive in Nairobi and spend your first night in colonial style , perhaps the Norfolk Hotel, and spend your last night in something more “today” to get you back to modern life
- Visit Gemini Desai’s beautiful gallery of hand-crafted jewelry in Nairobi (by appointment only)
- Experience the magic of the Equator—the swirling water experiment!
- Plan a morning walking safari with a Masai guide
- Spend a day volunteering songs, smiles and hugs with children from the Mukuru slum
- Take photos of people without permission—it’s rude
- Walk outside the safari camp alone–you’re in the animals home-always be with a guide!
- Wear your designer duds-you’re in the bush, relax and enjoy!
Our absolute fave safari operator for Kenya is Micato Safaris–there is none better! The Pinto family attend to every detail of your journey (including a meal at their home). You may arrive as a visitor, yet you’ll leave as a friend.
Also, Micato Safaris has created a most important charity, AmericaShare.org, in which 100% of donations go to the needy children of East Africa. Visit one of the schools created or supported by AmericaShare, share a hug or a song. You just may change someone’s life—perhaps yours!